The African Climate Change and Environmental Reporting (ACCER) Awards & Gala Night 2020
Theme: " Making Climate Action a Way of Life "
Telling Africa’s climate story as it is, highlighting champions as well as areas ignored and putting to task those responsible for effective climate action.
"Celebrating scribes who ensure Climate Justice by Focusing on climate change and environment stories"
The Africa Climate Change & Environmental Reporting (ACCER) Award recognizes African journalists who have excelled in climate change and environmental journalism. It seeks to encourage constructive environmental reporting focus in African media, both at the policy formulation and implementation level and at the level of public awareness and participation in environmental protection and preservation
The ACCER Awards Finalists Academy (TAAFA) is a stable PACJA’s dynamic and innovative strategic intervention plan. It is a driving force to the already existing training and reward schemes, but, also ensure sustainability of the capacity building project.
Accer Awards Finalists Gala Dinner 2018 - part 1
The 2020 ACCER Awards
End of Submissions: July 15th 2020
- Gala Dinner (December 11th 2020)
The ACCER Awards 2020 Concept Note -pdf
A list of judges and their profiles will be unveiled in August.
Awards Categories (2020)
The ACCER Awards 2020 will be in 5 categories, with a total 20 awards to individuals who submit work done between September 2018 and May 2020
All must comply with the terms and conditions set for this award
There will be 7 judges to carefully champion the selection process, with a view to improving and/or developing clear parameters against which the various entries will be rated
Applicants must identify a climate/environment related issue and show effort to find ways to deal with it. This will mean not just highlighting existing matter but also putting to task responsible authorities
For some awards, the applicant will have to show consistency and passion in addressing matters of climate change and environment. Award winners MUST have made a significant long-term commitment to improving the lives of others through their stories.
The applicant must demonstrate extensive acts that have saved large communities from the effects of climate change or reduced the risk of the same in a visibly big way.
• Be part of the global move fighting to save humanity from the effects of climate crisis
Specific Benefits for:
• Opportunity for your representative to speak at the Gala dinner as the sponsored award is presented to targeted winners
• Presentation of sponsored award to the winners
• Two corporate tables valued at $2,000 at the Gala dinner
• Networking opportunity at the Gala dinner
• Co-branded banners, T-shirts and posters
• Branding opportunity during TAAFA
• Logo and web link on PACJA website
• Opportunity to speak during the Gala dinner and presentation of the specific award sponsored
• Co-branding of IEC materials
• A corporate table valued at $1,000 and opportunity to network
• Logo and web link in the PACJA website