African Youth Consultative Workshop on Intergenerational justice on the sidelines of African Climate Week 2019
- 03.21.2019 7:30 am - 03.22.2019 5:00 pm
- Ann Mwende
In an effort to engage youth in discussions on intergenerational justice and equity, it is important to underscore the urgency for youth to be effectively engaged in climate governance. Within the spirit of “Leaving no one behind”, Pan African Climate Justice Alliance (PACJA) intends to organize an African Youth Consultative Workshop on Intergenerational justice on the sidelines of African Climate Week 2019.The consultative workshop scheduled to take place on 18-19th March 2019 at Accra Ghana ., will endeavor to provide youth an opportunity to interrogate their role in the Intergenerational Justice and Equity matters at country, regional and global levels and share experiences in the spirit of “Leaving no one behind” . Further, the youth will share ideas on how to enhance intergenerational justice and equity agenda and define engagement space within climate Governance. This will include exploring how to engage with the African Group of Negotiators (AGN) among other climate institutions in Africa.
- To Understand the capacity gaps within the youth constituency in climate change in order to engage governments , Key institutions to facilitate and support targeted capacity development initiatives in all youth activities
- To discuss how best youth can participate in decisions making and negations with an aim of influencing policy frameworks so that they reflect the needs of the African youth in climate change work.
- To strengthen existing information sharing and learning platform on climate change and sustainable development; a platform accessible for use by African youth to advance youth-to-youth exchange learning and mentorship.
- To encourage and promote collaboration for intergenerational justice and equity among the African youth and establish a common front that speaks to regional climate change matters within governance institutions such as the African Union (AU) and other regional blocks