Contact Person: Samson Ogallah
PACT (Project for Advancing Climate Transparency) works towards advancing the development of robust and effective transparency and accountability rules and processes for the Paris Agreement.
It seeks to develop options and approaches for the transparency framework, building consensus among parties and providing relevant and timely inputs to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) negotiations.
The project is implemented through a global PACT Consortium led by World Resources Institute (WRI), and will deliver the following:
- Conduct rigorous research and analysis of technical, policy, legal and political considerations related to the development of the transparency and accountability regime of the Paris Agreement.
- Hold national, regional and international meetings with a wide range of targeted stakeholders to further inform and enhance this research and analysis, while building capacity and awareness among key stakeholders.
- Undertake actions to enhance the in-country capacity of developing countries, including middle-income developing countries, to ensure their full participation in UNFCCC decision-making processes and improvement over time in the quality of the information they submit to the UNFCCC.
Expected project outcomes
- A set of options and approaches for the modalities, procedures, and guidelines (MPGs) for transparency under the Paris Agreement
- Specific text proposals, including legal text
- Enhanced country capacities
- Stakeholder engagement through national, regional and international meetings