To develop and promote pro-poor development and equity based positions relevant for Africa in the International climate change dialogue and related processes.
A global environment free from the threat of climate change with sustainable development, equity and justice for all.
PACJA aims to be an effective African CSO’s platform to share information, strategize jointly, coordinate engagement with African governments and other relevant stakeholders, and advocate for fairness and justice in international climate change and sustainable development processes in order to adequately protect the climate while safeguarding human rights and pro-poor development.
Strategic objectives include:
- To maintain liaison and facilitation, whether by meetings, correspondence or otherwise with member organizations, and international partners, and to encourage and promote climate-related development initiatives that benefit the members and stakeholders.
- To mobilize and build capacity of stakeholders by offering technical assistance including training and finding out the effectiveness, needs , ways and means of improving the profile of the members, networks and affiliate organizations.
- To improve coordination and information dissemination with African stakeholders around networks around the climate justice.
- To help formulate and promote a strong pro-poor development position to enable African governments and negotiators to effectively articulate and represent the African voice, concerns and perspectives.
- To share advocacy and campaigning experience and coordinate with other like-minded southern networks.
- To team up expertise, support, engage in, conduct and foster research and investigations into climate change and its impact on communities.
- To promote of assist in promotion of any individual Organizations’ or Associations’ activities affiliated to or having similar objects as PACJA (full) or objectives intended directly or indirectly to benefit the Alliance.
- Transparency and accountability
- Volunteerism and self help
- Gender responsiveness and Inclusiveness
- Fairness and Justice
- Participatory democracy